Avoiding Immediate Failure and Meeting Standards
Hi, I’m Ariza from PCC ATA Ubuntu Support. In this video series, I’ll share what I’ve learned to help you prepare for the PAT and increase your chances of passing.
Reasons for immediate PAT failure:
- Inappropriate Aggression in Dogs
- Avoid dogs that show teeth, growl, raise hackles, snap or lunge to bite.
- Choose a dog with a high threshold, not easily stressed by real-world situations.
- Failing to Advocate for Your Dog
- Handlers should read and advocate for their dog, preventing inappropriate behaviour.
- Inappropriate Elimination
- Train your dog to toilet on command.
- Learn your dog’s habits and take them to appropriate places to eliminate them.
- Resource Guarding
- Dogs should not use fear to protect you or guard resources.
- Handlers should correct any guarding behaviour.
- Failing to Meet Safety and Hygiene Standards
- Provide proper identification for your Assistance Dog.
- Advocate for yourself and have the necessary information on hand.
- Harsh Treatment of Your Dog
- Choose a dog with the correct temperament and train them to comply with commands.
- Not Abiding by Relevant Laws
- Familiarize yourself with federal, state, and local laws governing Assistance Dogs.
Overall Hygiene and Health:
- Groom your dog regularly.
- Ensure your dog is in peak physical shape.
- Avoid exposing your dog to injuries or illnesses.
- Maintain proper toilet routines.
Like, share, and comment if you find this helpful. I look forward to sharing the next video with you next Tuesday!
Challenge: The more likes, shares, and comments I get, the more information I’ll provide.
PS. Questions are welcome too, and I’ll make videos answering them!