We believe that training a dog is as much about teaching the owner.
We believe in a ‘both ends of the lead’ approach.
Just like certain elements of a dog’s personality make the animal more ‘trainable’, there are certain characteristics that an owner should posses to make them more ‘teachable’.
These are our top 11 qualities of a responsible dog owner.
- Take personal responsibility.
- Be flexible in schedules.
- Adapt to changing circumstances.
- Emphasise and forgive mistakes.
- Learn from mistakes,
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Be open to constructive feedback.
- Be assertive in and accept boundaries,
- Willingness to improve and maintain the quality of relationship and life with own dogs and people they will be in contact with.
- Willingness to ask for help and research to make an educated decision.
- Self motivated.